May 22, 2004
• ABC, NBC, NPR, CNN, Newsweek, The New York Times, and The Washington Post all hyped the debut of Air America. What have they written since, as Air America slumps towards collapse? Not much.
• When the Melbourne Age claims that the prisoner abuse scandal has widened, it only means that they’ve got a new photograph of an event over which charges were laid following an investigation back in January.
• Attention, Danish Royal wedding fans! (ie, all Australian women). Photographer Hans Nyberg writes: "I know Australia saw much of the wedding on TV but you cannot see an event on TV the way you can in a 360 degree QTVR. I was assigned by Danish television to shoot panoramas from the event. And of course they are also in full screen QTVR which I have introduced on the net. You can view them all from Panoramas.dk where I have posted an additional full screen from the Cathedral." Or from here.
• Celebrate Arthur Chrenkoff’s 40,000th hit in just eight weeks by contributing to his reader competition. (Arthur is a recent addition to the blogroll at left, along with Election Projection and Chase Me Ladies.)
• Ted Lapkin writes: “Amnesty International has argued that the US violates the law of war by refusing to apply the Convention to Guantanamo detainees. Yet a sober perusal of the Third Geneva Convention reveals that US policy towards captured al-Qa'ida and Taliban fighters is consistent with the law of armed conflict.”
• Robert Fisk complains about "inhumanity" and "scare tactics". Except this Robert Fisk is a bear-shooting opponent who lives in Maine.
• Rejoice, followers of idiot women who can’t write! Maureen Dowd’s new book is "a powerful look at the current administration." And Margo Kingston’s new book is "a no-holds-barred expose of what she terms as John Howard's 'Anglo-fascist' agenda." Yay!
Posted by Tim Blair at May 22, 2004 03:20 AM
Thank you for adding me to your blogroll, Tim. I appreciate it a bunch!
That Panoram QTVR site is great. I've never seen that kind of thing before on the net.
Attention, Danish Royal wedding fans! (ie, all Australian women).
Danish weddings? who cares. what about me? i am an available bachelor. i'm not Danish, nor royal, but that's a good thing. no stupid public appearances. no dealing with the Danish at all in fact. any Australian women (24-35, preferably) who can make it to the Richmond, VA area are encouraged to let me know. i promise never to call you a Sheila. (well, unless that is your actual name)
Homer says, "Hmmmm Danish.......agggghhhh......"
I am so glad you have added 'Chase me ladies. . .' it deserves lots of hits. It is very, very funny.
Air *America* Idiot's ratings for NYC were just released.
Not down the toilet, but the water is definitely swirling.
Thanks for adding me to your blogroll, Tim. This is the happiest day of my life.
Margo "uses accessible anecdotes to deliver her message" - is that a handy substitute for facts or what?
Maybe "accessible ancedotes" are in place for those who are "politically challenged".
The 4th Geneva Convention states that after a courts-martial the prisoners at Guantanamo could be executed for being non-uniformed combatants aka insurgents and criminals.
Thanks for the Ted Lapkin tipoff. Good stuff.
I always come to the blogmire when I need expert advice on how to handle "idiot women"...
Well, now we know what kind of women you date.
What's that old movie line? Oh, yes! Paraphrased for this blog, it goes: "Get a hold of yourself, Miranda. No one else will."
Miranda, you...oh, wait, look, another cicada. How much more interesting.
So happy to provide the fodder against which you can test your inexorably dulling wits.
Showing women some respect round this blogmore only extends to "liberating" Afghan ladies from their burkas, right dullards?
Ooh, "dullards"! We might never recover from the blow of that insult.
Whatever you do, don't tell us we are ugly and our mothers dress us funny! The pain... the pain would be too great...
(PS: "blogmore"? Sure, no problem.)
why don't you let someone else ridicule me, just to give someone else some sport. control freak. women hater.
OOOOO!!! OOOOO!!!! Miranda is calling people names! Everyone, run away, run away! Omigosh, Miranda is being MEAN and NASTY! She can't argue her point, so she's ABUSING people, that leftist weenie! You can tell she's behind the eight ball, she always insults people! OOOOO!!! OOOOO!!!! Miranda is being MEAN!
There now, Miranda. I ridiculed you, not Andrea. Feel better now, or do you stiil need that double dose of Prozac?
Go on, people! Ridicule Miranda! She asked.
See, silence. There's just no obeying you I guess.